Saturday, January 26, 2019

Anxious For Nothing 2019


I’ve never dealt with this type of anxiety much until this past year. So much happened in 2018 that had me tightly holding onto my seat bracing for what was to come next. My son, Luke, was diagnosed with autism, I had health issues, ectopic pregnancy, grief……it was just so much at once….more than I could handle.  I hate anxiety, and know that it is not from God!!! I know that God’s word tells us to Be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication present our request to God!!! I feel like I do my best to do that, and have many times over asked God to take this awful heavy feeling from me but thus far He has not completely taken it, so I’m doing my best to stand on His promise for Peace that passes all understanding until it comes to past in my life. I’m casting my cares on Him believing for a breath of fresh air and weight to be lifted off of my shoulders and placed onto His. I’m hoping and believing for FREEDOM and HEALING that can only come from Jesus!!! Sometimes, I catch myself thinking and praying for God to just rescue me. But that’s the thing…..He already has!!! He’s done that for all of us who choose to receive Him as our Savior. Despite the chaos of life, He’s always there with us if we’ve invited Him to be a part!!! He’s there to guide us when we don’t know the next step to take, teach us the right way when, once again, we’ve failed, hold us when we just need a warm embrace of comfort and peace, carry us when we don’t have the strength to press on and keep walking……He’s there!!! So often, we expect God to just get us out or remove us from a situation when God is saying let ME walk you through this, let me teach you as we walk together on this road that leads to joy after the mourning and a rainbow after all the rain.
Some days are good and I feel like I am completely past things while others are excruciating and heartbreaking, so I get so frustrated with myself as I feel like maybe I’m not surrendering all over to God like I should or I’m not doing something right so I go through and repent  of everything even that which may be hidden in my heart that I’m unaware of. Asking God to search our hearts and unveil anything that could be potentially keeping us from a closer walk with Him never hurts. I do have to be careful in these moments to make sure that I am recognizing Satan’s lies of discouragement that make me feel like I want to just throw in the towel and give up altogether. I can’t keep my head in the sand either as It would be naive and foolish of me or any other Christian to fall for the lie that Christians never go through anything. That is the farthest thing from the truth. Satan is against God and His Kingdom so he will stop at nothing to keep God’s children worn out and downtrodden. The good news is Jesus overcame so we do too!! Our God truly is greater than Satan or any demonic force that may try to cloud our vision or keep us from a closer walk with Jesus!!! We win, and are made victorious by the word of our testimony and the blood of the Lamb! Thank God for Jesus!!!  I am reminded of scripture as I write this:
Romans 8:38-39~ For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
No one, Nothing, No situation or circumstance, No demonic force, Zip, Zilch, Zero can separate us from the Love of God!!! Yall that is such a powerful truth!!!
So here’s the challenge and I would love nothing more than for you to join me on it in 2019!!! ~EVERY time Satan whispers in our ear another lie, we combat him with God’s word that is sharper than any 2 edged sword. Easier said than done, I know, but we CAN do this. You will need some index cards or a notebook to write down verses that pertain to your situation. For example, Every time we become anxious about something we can remind ourselves and Satan that we focus on good reports with this verse.
Philippians 4:8~ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
When our hearts feel like we need to make a rash decision, we recall this verse:
 Philippians 4:6  “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
Making decisions on a fly always gets us into trouble.
When Satan tries to beat us up over something, we can remind God of His word and thank Him for comfort in those moments.
Psalms 94:19-In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.
When Satan wants to steal your voice:
Proverbs 28:1-The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are bold as a lion.
These are just examples, but you can add as many as you’d like. I know that Jesus combat Satan by using His word when He was tempted in the wilderness by him, so this is definitely an effective way to pray.
May 2019 be the year that we focus on God’s word, hunger, and thirst after Him and His righteousness,  and remain steadfast in Prayer more, more, more, so that we can truly be anxious for nothing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment